COLPs and COFAs need to stay on top of all their legal and regulatory obligations. This includes responsibilities in relation to data protection. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming into effect in the UK on 25 May 2018. It will herald changes affecting all European organisations that handle personal data, including law firms. The potential penalties are severe and as such failure is not an option.
- Understand the new legal framework with discussions around the key changes
- Determine the main requirements of the ICO and the SRA
- Gain an insight into the steps you will need to take to prepare in your compliance facing role
13:30 - 14:00 Registration and refreshments
14:00 - 17:00 Seminar
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at the following:
- Compliance officers for legal practice (COLPs)
- Compliance officers for financial administration (COFAs)
- Partners and practice managers